Monday, October 13, 2014

Manic Panic

Yesss yess yess the famous Manic Panic line. I have dipped and dappered with this a few yrs ago. My first color was the Shocking Blue or Midnight Blue on dark hair. Either way, it gave my hair the highlight effect of when you see the color in the light or sunlight verses in regular or dark lighting.

Next I used Manic Panic's Rock N Roll Red

 on my already dyed hair. It was a honey color and I added the red on top of that color. Can we say hot color. If I can find all my pictures then I will post them. Anyhow, the only draw back is that with red, the color does bleeds. Especially if wet and wearing a light color top. To combat this I did refresh with conditioner mixed with the color and rinsed in cool/cold water. 

Lastly I used the Atomic Turquose then I decided to use the combo of  Shocking Blue and Atomic Turquose.
This is what I am actually rocking now. HOWEVER as I stated in my previous hair blog that I did use a lightener (ION brand) and lightened my front area that I wanted the color to go. Then end result is awesome BLUENESS!! 
Now with any semi-permanent color after a few shampoo especially in warm to hot water, the color will fade. I usually use cool water. The shocking blue can turn a bit purple and the atomic turquoise turn greenish with continued shampooing and no refreshing of color. I redo my color about monthly I believe or whenever I feel up to it. I have been rocking my blue since earlier this year...or maybe end of last year. Anyhow, I love it. This brand is vegan, therefore it is SAFE on the hair with conditioning properties. 

To sum up, Manic Panic is my choice of hair color brands. They have a wide variety of colors and it is safe on hair. To add, if you pre-lightening your hair you still have to take care of that lighten or bleached hair no matter what color you decide to put on it. Keep it moisturized and conditioned. In all, just take care of your hair and have fun with the colors if you choose to go that route. If  you are looking to purchase, you can find the line at local Sally Beauty, or online at Manic Panic Link  and   Sally's    Until next time, happy reading & a big thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment