Monday, October 6, 2014

Hair product review pt1...Main Element Love, My Honey Child, Blended Beauty

Main Element:LOVE

I received this line from the August 2013 Curl Collection subscription. I received the Citrus Fusion
Herbal shampoo bar, Aloe conditioner, Shea smoothie and Herbal hair tea. 
Now as a reminder I do tend to have scalp issues with dandruff and some things cause my scalp to flake. This line has not. I particularly love love love the shea smoothie and the aloe conditioner. I did enjoy the shampoo bar as I had to get use to how to utilize it to get down into my hair. But I figured it out...best to do in the shower in my opinion. I have noticed that my hair had that squeaky slip sound so I knew the product did its job.
The citrus infused made my hair and scalp feel refreshed, smelling quite lovely, not too strong of a smell. Also the aloe conditioner can be used as a leave in as it is not too thick consistency. The Herbal hair tea rinse was something different. I had to make sure to do it before hand instead of while I'm in the process of washing my hair. So I prepared the tea the night before and let it seep.  
All in all, I give this line high ratings and add it to my staple choice of go too. These items can be found at Main Element Love online boutique. www.mainelementlove.com

My Honey Child



Now I have tried a sample size last year or so through Curlkit...then when I decided to give it a try I ordered another trail size and then my Curl Collection box came with the actual full size. So you all can just imagine my happiness as this is another staple line for me.
 The trail size I purchased was the Honey nut scalp cleanser, Honey nut conditioner, Honey hair creme and the Aloe Vera Leave in treatment. 
The full sized was the Olive you scalp cleanser, Olive you deep condition and Olive you light conditioner . 
I must say that my hair, scalp and I love these products. Both cleansers thoroughly cleaned my hair, the conditioners are good for regular and leave in mode. I used the hair creme for a twist out I did a while back... the twist out was okay (I'm not really into my twistouts right now though as they do not last long for me). My hair felt moisturized though, however I did use the the leave in treatment along with the hair creme. I haven't used it alone. The smell is very light but a nice smell like flowers/sweet. These items can be found at their online boutique. www.myhoneychild.com

Blended Beauty

Of course I got these from Curl Collection last year as well. I have the Curly Frizz Pudding, Silk Shake (not pictured) and Happy Nappy Styles. 
With the curly frizz pudding,  I'm not a pudding/gel type person,  I just needed a little. I think this would be best used for those who do braid or twist outs.  The silk shake was used to refresh my style. It was okay, but I felt that I needed more. It worked better for me when I had wet/damp hair, however my hair felt very conditioned. The Happy nappy styles is my love. I love everything about it. I use it on freshly washed hair, wet. And let it air dry. Some times I use a curl diffuser and it still ends up soft. No flakes. 
Now on my bf hair, he actually used the silk shake before blow drying and he loves it. So as I stated before, what may work for you may not work on others, or be creative and try it a different way. These items can be found on their online boutique. www.blendedbeauty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment